You are at work, suddenly all over your scalp itching is maddening, feeling so uncomfortable that ineffective work lacks concentration.
Or at different times like you go out to meet friends, lovers, symptoms of itchy scalp appear like hundreds of thousands of mosquito bites.
You can not control it, so the hand should be broken to temporarily relieve the itchy, uncomfortable feeling that brings the messy hair. That image looks tragic, you are shy, bored, lack of confidence when communicating with the other person.
You immediately wonder if you have washed your hair and why is itchy and itchy, what’s the cause?
Because of the above reason, the number of millions of people searching for information about the causes and treatment of scalp itchiness on google and youtube is increasing.
A series of search results appeared momentarily, many authors wrote different contents, advertising products mixed in many posts. You wonder and hesitate to know which source of knowledge is the best.
To help you save time and minimize costs, spend a lot of time searching for useful information. All are based on science and are consulted by experienced doctors and experts about the causes and solutions to cure scalp itch.
From there you will know more reasons that unexpected scalp itchy warning health status you are having many serious problems related to the nervous system and endocrine organs.
Not only short and simple, but there are many causes of scalp itchiness, which will be fully provided through the article below, please read carefully to have the appropriate safe and effective treatment.
Ensure that after a short time, you will stop the itchy scalp, owning strong and shiny hair like velvet that many people wish will come true with the following ways.
1. The bun is too tight
The habit of braiding hair, bun or ponytail too tight will cause hair loss and damage to hair follicles. Hair is also prone to lose and thinning if you often tie your hair tightly for a long time.
The newspaper Reader’s Digest (USA) also said that when you tie your hair tight, it will adversely affect the hair fibres, nerves and muscles in the scalp, causing the scalp to be sore and itchy.
Stop exerting a strong force on your hair, and instead loosen it up or tie it up slightly if you want your hair to be tidy so that it won’t damage your hair.
2. Dandruff causes itchy scalp
This is a common itchy scalp that almost everyone has ever experienced and has a major effect on your scalp and hair. A bacterium called Melissa is the direct cause of dandruff. This fungus forms and grows in an oily and dusty scalp environment.
When your scalp gets dandruff, you will have an itchy sensation and put your hands directly on to scratch. It is these big effects that will cause your hair to become weak and fall out easily. In addition, dandruff also clog pores, making it difficult for hair to grow.
To cure itchy scalp caused by dandruff, you can apply the following dandruff treatments:
- Choose the right shampoo and conditioner
- Regularly wash your hair
- Clean your helmet and avoid getting it wet
- Do not use too many hair-styling chemicals
- Use hair care treatments in polluted environments.
3. Oily scalp
During hot weather, your scalp produces more sebum and dirt. When affected by UV rays, your scalp will be a favourable environment for fungi to colonize and cause discomfort.
Here are some things you can do to prevent oil spills:
• Use hair conditioner daily: Before going to bed, you should massage the oil into the palm of your hand, then gently massage into your hair. This helps to balance the scalp with moisture, leaving it strong and non-itchy.
• Wear a hat when walking in the sun: You should use a hat or hat when walking in the sun to minimize direct sunlight on your hair.
Nowadays, many people prefer hair care products with chemical extracts instead of natural ones. After a long period of use, the chemicals cause inflammation of the hair follicles in the hairline, often causing you to experience a persistent itchy scalp and difficult to treat.
If you scratch your scalp a lot, you can get a secondary infection that causes impetigo, painful lymph nodes on the sides of your neck. Chronic folliculitis can cause a nervous breakdown, insomnia, and stress.
As suggested by your doctor, you can take the following ways to reduce folliculitis:
- It is recommended to let hair dry naturally and not sleep while it is wet
- Do not overuse shampoo, styling acid and dye your hair too much
- Wash your hair 2-3 times a week to dry your scalp and remove sebum
- Use shampoos containing ingredients such as Tar, Ketoconazole, Circlopirox, Pyrithione Zinc, …
5. Scalp lice
According to estimates by the CDC Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (USA), each year in the United States about 6 million to 12 million children between the ages of 3 and 11 years old have head lice. Although the population of head lice is very large, in reality, anyone can get head lice, including adults and the elderly.
- You see nits in the hair
- A sticky feeling on the scalp or neck
- Trouble sleeping, feeling frustrated and uncomfortable
- Scalp itching (due to an allergic reaction to lice saliva).
You can learn more about the effective ways to kill scalp lice below:
- Soak for at least an hour in a lice shampoo
- Use shampoos containing lice killers
- Comb your hair with a squash comb to get rid of lice as well as nits
- Wash clothing, pillows, and stuffed animals regularly in 55 ° C hot water and dry so that nits do not spread.
However, the above methods do not guarantee 100% removal of lice, so you should consult a specialist for a thorough treatment!
6. Skin Diseases
Skin conditions such as psoriasis, urticaria and skin cancer can cause an itchy scalp. These are very dangerous diseases, you should recognize the disease early for prompt treatment.
Scalp itching caused by psoriasis
If you have scalp psoriasis, you will often see white, fish-like scales covering the scalp surface. You may experience itchiness and hair loss, and always feel a burning sensation and a burning sensation on the top of your head and the back of your neck.
Scalp itching due to urticaria
This is an inflammatory reaction of the skin, causing swelling, itching, figs, redness … When in the summer, the patient’s body produces a lot of sweat, which will create favourable conditions for scalp diseases to develop affect health and spirit.
Scalp itching caused by skin cancer
As we all know, scalp cancer is extremely serious because the head area is very dangerous and contains a lot of nerves. There are common causes of scalp cancer such as:
• Due to ultraviolet rays: Currently the global climate is changing, so the sun contains a lot of ultraviolet rays. If you do not protect your scalp when you walk in the sun, the risk of scalp cancer will be very high.
• Due to hair dye: Your scalp can be itchy when exposed to the harmful effects of hair dye. Highly toxic ingredients found in hair dyes affect the scalp directly. Not only that, the drugs related to hair care such as hair conditioner, conditioner, steam … all affect your scalp.
• Due to genetics: This cause has been confirmed by the doctors that if you have a relative, parent or grandparent with scalp cancer, your children should also visit a dermatologist for a checkup. and timely treatment.
When you see one of the symptoms mentioned above, immediately go to the hospital for a prompt examination. Depending on the patient’s stage and current health, your doctor will have the best treatment for you.
7. nerve-related diseases
• Diabetes: According to diabetes endocrinologists, when high blood sugar levels become dehydrated the body becomes dehydrated and reduces the amount of blood nourishing the skin. In addition, damaged nerves make the process of perspiration in the skin disorder causing an itchy and uncomfortable sensation in the scalp.
• Neurological shingles: Shingles usually manifests itself as a band of blisters appearing on the head or upper half of the body, causing the patient pain, itching and burning.
• Hair loss scarring: In general, hair loss that causes scarring is an unavoidable and irreversible mechanism of permanent destruction, leaving scar tissue on the skin’s surface. In other cases, hair loss can cause severe itching and burning pain.
Depending on the disease and the complications of the disease, you should visit a specialist for long-term appropriate treatment. You should avoid using spontaneous drugs to “money loss carrying disability”.
When you identify the causes of itchy scalp, you will find the right treatment. You should not be subjective with small signs on the body, because even a hard nodule on the head with the size of about 3-10 mm can also cause cancer complications. If you have any unusual symptoms, please consult a specialist immediately!
Reasons for itchy scalp and how to treat it – Dr Rasya Dixit
Hopefully, the information above has helped you to gain some more knowledge about “itchy scalp treatment”, the ad brings some small value to you. Please share this article if you feel it useful. Thanks!