Today, society is more and more modern-day and more civilized, beauty care needs not only of women but also of men.
Surely we can all easily see famous actors on TV or singers, models, even ordinary workers with more or less makeup. They want to be more beautiful and perfect and conceal all facial defects such as dark spots, freckles and nasty scars or scars scattered everywhere.
The reason is that according to statistical reports in dermatology clinics, the number of gentlemen who come to take care of skin and treat skin-related diseases has been increasing in recent years. Especially occurring more often than pigmentation, this is a fairly common hyperpigmentation disorder.
This is because factors such as genetics, genetics, and endocrinology, and exposure to intense sunlight to UVA and UVB radiation in the sun stimulate melanocytes.
At the same time, inadequate nutrition: lack of fresh fruits, lack of vitamins and minerals necessary for the body is also the culprit causing skin pigmentation.
Melasma not only affects the aesthetics, makes the faces of old gentlemen ugly, but also leads to psychological instability, boring mood, lack of confidence in communication, and many problems. in work and love story.
So what is the safe and effective skincare solution exclusively for men? Gentlemen are looking for information on google to choose for themselves an effective – fast – melasma treatment suitable for economic conditions and limited time budget.
Facing with information on the internet, the same question was written by many different authors. You are wondering how to treat melasma exactly based on reliable science.
You are afraid of news that advertising has untrue wings just for the purpose of making your profit, selling fake cosmetics is flooding the market.
To help you deal with this mentality, AZTopList ‘s staff and many experienced dermatologists have successfully treated many people with long term severe melasma providing knowledge. useful.
You just need to read carefully the article below and remember to persistently follow the instructions, ensuring that after a few weeks your facial skin will be significantly improved, blemishes, SEO fade and disappear completely.
It’s amazing and surprising when you have healthy, beautiful, young skin. You feel energetic, cheerful, and confident to show off your personal style.
Causes of facial pigmentation in men
Melasma in men usually appears in men aged 35 and over with relatively diverse manifestations. Melasma includes 3 main types: melasma (light brown patches on the cheeks, wide range of effect), deep pigmentation (characterized by the appearance of dark brown spots, deep legs. under skin structure) and mixed melasma (a combination of melasma and deep pigmentation).
In fact, men mainly suffer from chloasma. Very few cases of deep or mixed melasma. According to dermatologists, melasma in men can occur due to the following reasons:
1. Regularly exposed to sunlight
Sun has 3 types of ultraviolet rays, including UVA, UVB and UVC rays. In it, UVC rays are completely absorbed by the earth’s ozone layer. UVA causes aging, increases the risk of skin cancer and UVB has the ability to stimulate melanocytes to increase melanin production, making the skin appear light brown to dark brown spots.
Unlike women, men are not in the habit of using sunscreen or covering their skin when travelling or doing outdoor activities. This prolonged condition can cause the skin to darken, easily age, and form dark spots and dark spots.
2. Using cosmetics of unknown origin
In recent years, men have started to pay attention to skin health and prefer to use cosmetics that help brighten, even and smooth skin.
However, most men are not really knowledgeable about the ingredients, use and use of skincare products – treatment. Therefore, it is easy for men to buy cosmetics of unknown origin, unsafe ingredients and many peeling ingredients.
Using cosmetics of unknown origin makes skin prone to thinning over time and more susceptible to damage by UVB rays. Over time, melanin cells overproduce and cause dark spots and patches on the surface.
3. Prolonged nervous tension
Nervous stress is a consequence of modern life. This condition can be found in both men and women – especially those who have to work with high intensity for a long time. Recent studies have shown that prolonged stress stimulates the adrenal glands to produce the hormone cortisol (the anti-stress hormone).
However, excessive levels of the hormone cortisol can cause many risks such as weight gain, increased risk of diabetes, cancer, and Alzheimer’s. In addition, this hormone also causes the skin’s metabolic function to be disrupted, thereby increasing the risk of skin problems such as facial pigmentation, aging skin, darkening, less elastic, and pores. big hairs, acne, …
4. Effects of the aging process
Aging is a natural law that affects all cells inside the body. When entering this stage, the skin tends to decrease the synthesis of collagen, elastin, leading to wrinkles, easy to form wrinkles, less elastic and sagging.
In addition, the aging process also causes the skin structure to weaken and reduces the resistance to external factors. At this time, dust, sunlight, chemicals in the air, … easily penetrate the skin structure and cause dark spots, freckles. This explains why melasma in both women and men appears in people aged 30 and over.
5. Some other reasons
In addition, melasma in men can also occur due to the following reasons:
Genetic: Melasma is one of the skin problems that is inherited. Statistics show that the risk of melasma can be increased by 30% if someone in the family suffers from pigmentation disorders (age spots, pigmentation, freckles, …).
- Insomnia: Sleep is not only important to the brain and internal organs but also governs the health of the skin. Insufficient sleep causes the skin to slowly recover, regenerate and tend to decrease its resistance. Therefore, when there are stimulants, the skin is easy to form pigmentation spots, wrinkles and freckles.
- Side effects of some drugs: Skin pigmentation in men can also be a result of the side effects of certain drugs such as Clofazimine, Chloroquine, Phenothiazin, Clopromazin, …
- Inappropriate nutrition: Men often have a habit of using alcohol, not eating on time, diet low in fibre, … Unhealthy eating habits not only have a negative impact on their health but also affects the skin and causes a number of dermatological problems such as acne, aging skin, freckles, pigmentation and age spots.
Measures to treat facial pigmentation in men
Treatment of skin pigmentation in men is often simpler than women because of thick skin structure, less sensitivity and relatively stable hormone levels.
However, melasma and dermatological problems caused by melanin proliferation take a long time to fully treat (a few months to a few years). Furthermore, for a thorough treatment, men should strictly adhere to medical methods combined with a proper skin care regimen and a scientific, healthy lifestyle.
1. Male skin pigmentation topical/oral treatment
Use topical/oral drug suitable for cases of mild melasma (melasma), light colour patches/spots surface and shallow legs (concentrated on the skin epidermis). These drugs inhibit melanin production, restore the protective barrier and even skin pigmentation. In addition, some products also have the effect of moisturizing, softening the skin and helping to slow down the aging process.
Some topical/oral medications are used to treat skin pigmentation in men:
- Topical hydroquinone: Hydroquinone is a “classic” ingredient used to treat hyperpigmentation problems such as freckles, pigmentation, age spots, acne, … This active ingredient inhibits the enzyme tyrosinase – Important molecules involved in the production of melanin. With the inhibitory mechanism of the enzyme tyrosine, Hydroquinone can fade patches and brown spots on the face.
- Azelaic Acid Topical: Azelaic Acid is an ingredient that is extracted from certain grains such as barley and wheat. This active ingredient is able to inhibit the acne-causing bacteria P. acnes and fade brown spots caused by freckles, pigmentation, and dark spots. Currently, topical preparations containing azelaic acid are popular and widely used because they are able to treat many skin problems but do not cause irritation or allergy-like other synthetic ingredients.
- Vitamin A derivatives: Topical vitamin A derivatives such as Tretinoin, Retinoid, … have many uses for the skin such as anti-aging, acne control and blurring brown spots caused by pigmentation, freckles and age spots. bait. Mechanism of blurring dark spots of vitamin A derivatives is due to the ability to promote the growth of fibroblasts, thereby helping the skin to regenerate and eliminate aging cells.
- Topical drugs and cosmetics containing vitamin C: Vitamin C is an ingredient that has the ability to whiten the skin, fade dark and prevent aging. This component inhibits the enzyme tyrosine – an important molecule involved in the production of melanin. Besides, vitamin C also has strong antioxidant properties that help to eliminate free radicals and protect the skin from environmental influences.
- Medicines to treat skin pigmentation in men: In addition to topical medications, men can also use some oral medications to treat skin pigmentation. These drugs often contain ingredients that are able to whiten skin and inhibit melanin cells such as vitamins C, E, vitamin B6, minerals, tranexamic acid, glutathione and some other essential ingredients.
Most topical and oral medications take a long time to be effective. Therefore, should be persistent in using regularly for at least 3-6 months to notice positive changes.
2. Intensive intervention methods
In addition to using topical and oral medications, men can also coordinate with a number of intensive aesthetic methods to increase the effectiveness of treatment. These methods directly impact the skin pigmentation so the effect is faster than using drugs.
Some cosmetic methods to treat skin pigmentation in men:
- Chemical peeling: This method uses acids in high concentrations to exfoliate dead cells, stimulate skin regeneration, restore and fade brown spots caused by blemishes, freckles, and pigmentation. For the treatment of melasma, commonly used acids are AHA derivatives such as Lactic acid, Mandelic acid, Glycolic acid, … Chemical peeling is often combined with topical/oral medications to increase absorption of skin and fade brown spots effectively.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is microinjection therapy. This method uses essential nutrients injected directly into the dermis of the skin to increase the effectiveness of treatment of skin problems such as skin pigmentation, freckles, aging, … Mesotherapy brings nutrients deep inside. Skin structure should give a more pronounced and rapid effect than using topical or oral medications.
- Microdermabrasion: Microdermabrasion (super abrasive) is a procedure that uses a device containing very small crystals in contact with the facial skin to remove dead and aging cells. The effect of this therapy promotes collagen and elastin production in the skin and speeds up recovery and regeneration faster than normal. However, to increase effectiveness, Microdermabrasion is often combined with the use of topical melanin inhibitors.
- Use of lasers: In addition, men with facial pigmentation can also interfere with the laser method. This method uses a laser of the right wavelength to destroy the melanin cells hidden inside the dermis and dermis. The cells are then naturally excreted through the hair follicles without damaging the skin’s surface. Laser treatment gives a relatively pronounced and rapid effect (about 10-20 weeks).
In fact, cosmetic intensive methods are more effective than drugs. However, to increase the effectiveness, men should combine these methods with topical drugs + oral medications as directed by their doctor.
3. Proper skincare
Skincare regimen directly affects the progress of treatment. Therefore, in addition to the above methods, men should build a proper skincare regimen to assist in fading blemishes and nourishing healthy skin.
Scientific skincare for men with melasma:
- Note cleaning skin 2 times/day (morning – night). Uncleaned facial skin can reduce the ability to absorb nutrients from topicals and cosmetics and easily form acne.
- Absolutely do not expose the skin to intense sunlight (from 10:00 – 15:00 daily). In addition, men should practice the habit of using masks and coats when travelling outdoors and using sunscreen with SPF 50 or higher to support the treatment process.
- Consider the types of cosmetics you are using. If necessary, consult a dermatologist for safe and benign skincare products.
- In order for the skin to absorb nutrients from good treatment products, it is advisable to exfoliate the skin twice a week with natural ingredients (oats, yogurt, …) or use specialized products.
- It is possible to provide more nourishment to the skin with some natural masks such as honey, yogurt, aloe vera, oats, apple cider vinegar, … Natural masks with moisturizing effects, Softens the skin and assists in fading brown spots on the skin’s surface.
Some notes when treating skin pigmentation in men
Melasma and skin problems caused by hyperpigmentation often take a long time to fully treat. In addition to the care regimen and medical methods, men should pay attention to some problems in living and eating to support the treatment process.
Some issues men should note when treating facial skin pigmentation:
- Absolutely not arbitrarily using products to treat melasma of unknown origin on the market. Most of these products contain exfoliating ingredients that make the skin thin, weaken and less resistant.
- Use topical/oral medication to treat skin pigmentation regularly for at least 3-6 months to notice a marked improvement. In addition, should coordinate with specialized aesthetic methods in case of need.
- Replenish skin through diet. Priority should be given to foods containing high amounts of fibre, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants to help fade dark spots, pigmentation, freckles and slow down the aging process.
- Limit exposure to blue light from electronic devices. In fact, blue light has the same effect as UV rays in sunlight.
- Should sleep before 11 o’clock and make sure to get enough sleep 7-8 hours per day. Getting enough sleep and on time helps the skin to be healthy, smooth and increase resilience and regeneration.
- In the case of prolonged stress, men should spend time resting, exercising, reducing volume and working time. In addition, you can perform activities that relax your brain such as listening to music, reading books, chatting with friends, …
Skin pigmentation in men can be controlled if it is serious during treatment. For subjective cases, melasma can spread widely, gradually darken over time and cause a significant impact on appearance. Therefore, men should proactively treat as soon as they detect patches/spots on the face.
Remove Dark Spots / Acne Scars / Hyperpigmentation From The Face ✖ James Welsh
Hopefully, the information above has helped you to gain some more knowledge about “How To Treat Skin Melasma In Men”, and bring some small value to you.
Please share this article if you feel it useful. Thanks!