Surely most people often have to go outdoors, take part in traffic travelling long distances or near to go to school, go to work, go out … The four seasons of spring, summer, autumn and winter have passed continuously, this day Over the years, you have to go out to serve the inevitable needs of life.
However, it is that it seriously affects the health of the skin darkened by the strong effects of the UV rays of the sun. Simply using a mask or a hat to cover your skin is not enough, not to completely solve the root of all problems.
You need to add sunscreen, which is a skincare product that is always present on the makeup table or in a book bag, the indomitable object of women, so they should be used every day.
Because, according to research and analysis by scientists, the basic ingredients in sunscreens have inorganic particles that reflect, scatter and absorb UV rays such as superoxide dismutase, titanium dioxide. , phlebodium aureum and zinc oxide shield both UVA (320, 400 nm) and UVB (280, 320 nm) ultraviolet rays.
However, there are still some women who make basic mistakes when using sunscreen for the first time. So countless women’s skin conditions sweat, easy to darken, allergies, severe acne.
To mitigate this, the AZTopList staff and dedicated dermatologist are on hand to provide helpful insights into how to properly use sunscreen. At the same time, answer in detail any questions that you have questions such as:
When to apply sunscreen when wearing makeup and skincare?
Things to know about physical and chemical sunscreens?
How to choose a sunscreen suitable for oily skin, acne …?
Please read carefully the content of the article below to both save time while minimizing costs in the beauty process, protecting skin from the harmful effects of UV rays.
Remember to persevere and pay attention to follow the instructions of a good expert, ensuring that after a few weeks your face will be suddenly improved, blurring bruises and bright white, smooth shiny skin.
Your face looks full of confidence, happiness, attracts all eyes and receives admiration for beautiful skin younger than your age.
How to apply sunscreen properly
Sunscreen has the advantage of lightening the skin, protecting the skin from the effects of ultraviolet rays, and anti-aging. However, this product also has some disadvantages such as easy to clog pores, causing the skin to pour a lot of oil, causing itching, stinging … Without choosing the right cream and not knowing how to use it properly It can also cause darkening, allergies, dry skin …
Here is how to apply sunscreen properly you may not know:
1. Check the expiry date
According to the US Food and Drug Administration, sunscreen is a product that must maintain a sun protection effect for at least 3 years. You should check the shelf life of the product, so write down the date of purchase on the package when you first bought the sunscreen to know when you bought it. Signs that an expired sunscreen is usually a water-splitting cream, discoloured marked.
2. Time to apply sunscreen
The nutrients in sunscreen take time to work. According to studies, within the first minute of sun exposure, your skin is at risk of damage. Therefore, it is necessary to apply sunscreen 15-30 minutes before going out for the cream to absorb on the skin.
If you use a water-resistant cream and jump into the swimming pool right after applying the cream, the sun protection and skin protection effects of the cream are much lost. If you apply sunscreen lipstick, you should apply it 45-60 minutes before going outside.
When travelling for long hours in the sun, apply the cream regularly, every 2 hours even when it’s not sunny. In fact, many women only apply the cream in the morning and do not reuse, but sunscreen only works for 2-3 hours, if not reapplied, it will not be able to prevent the effects of ultraviolet rays.
3. Moisturize before sunscreen after
If the sunscreen you are using does not have a moisturizing factor, you must moisturize it before using the sunscreen. Remember, sunscreen will be the last to use before your morning skincare routine. It is best to choose a sunscreen that guarantees 2 factors: UVA protection and moisturizer to save time in skincare.
4. Use the right amount of sunscreen
One of the mistakes when applying sunscreen that a lot of women make is using too little or too much cream. According to experts, sunscreen should apply an adequate amount, for the face area is average 1.2g of cream is required, and if applied all over, 20-30g is needed. Remember to massage gently after applying to help the cream penetrate better into the skin.
The specific ways to apply sunscreen are as follows:
- Should be applied in layers, meaning that once you have applied one layer, you need to add another layer to ensure the cream’s protective effect.
- Squeeze the cream onto the palm of your hand, smooth it all over the skin, including easily forgotten areas like the ears, neck, and back of the neck. Need to rub until no more white cream streaks on the skin.
- If using a spray sunscreen, hold the bottle upright and then move it over the surface of your skin, making sure the cream is not blown away by the wind before it reaches your skin.
- If you use a roller sunscreen, you need to roll about 2 to 4 times over your skin to ensure it is effective.
5. Apply sunscreen to the whole body
When you must be outdoors for long periods of time, apply sunscreen all over your whole body, especially on the backs of your hands, feet, and even the part of your hair. For difficult to reach areas like the back, you should ask someone else to apply the cream to help protect your skin from the harmful effects of the sun.
Even though you have sunscreen applied, wear clothes that are designed to block UV rays. Thin clothing like a t-shirt has only an SPF (sun protection factor) of 7, which is completely inadequate to protect the skin from UV rays.
6. How to apply sunscreen to the face
Facial skin especially needs sunscreen more than the rest. For the face, if you are outside for more than 20 minutes (totalling the amount of time outdoors), you will also need to apply sunscreen. The way to apply the cream is as follows:
- If you use a spray sunscreen, you need to spray it on the palm of your hand before applying it to your face, not directly on the face.
- You can refer to the facial sunscreen recommended by the Anti-Skin Cancer Association
- Your lips also need sun protection, apply lip balm or choose a lip sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 15.
- If your hair is weak or thin, you should wear a hat or sunscreen on your head.
7. Reapply sunscreen
As mentioned, for the best skin protection, you should reapply sunscreen after 2 hours because it only works for 2-3 hours. Later, the sunscreen effectiveness of the cream decreases. How to reapply sunscreen as follows:
- Step 1: Remove the make-up. Need to do to the skin is clear to help promote the cream effectively. If you apply a new layer of cream over the old layer, it will clog your pores, making you feel uncomfortable itching.
- Step 2: Apply cream. Apply sunscreen evenly on the skin, especially on the face to avoid the harmful effects of ultraviolet rays. Use the correct amount of cream to achieve the best effect. Sunscreen will work best if applied after cleansing, moisturizing and before makeup, ie before you use primers, foundation …
8. Stay safe in the sun
Although you have applied sunscreen, to ensure the safety of your skin you need:
- Stay in the shade or shade an umbrella when exposed to strong sunlight. It is best to avoid peak hours when the sun is at its highest from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Wear dark-coloured, well-woven sun-protective clothing and sunglasses should be worn. Ultraviolet rays from the sun can cause cataracts if you don’t protect your eyes.
- Children should not be exposed to direct sunlight, need to choose a sunscreen formulated specifically for children.
How to apply sunscreen without harming the skin?
In order to properly apply sunscreen without harming the skin, besides paying attention to how to apply it, you must also be aware of the following issues:
1. Choose the right sunscreen
There are many different types of sunscreens, manufactured for each skin type. When choosing a sunscreen, you need:
See SPF sun protection factor
This is the number that indicates how long sunburn started after applying the cream. If the cream is set to SPF 30, you can stay in the sun 30 times longer than not wearing it without getting sunburned. Normally, with a product with SPF 30 you can stay out in the sun for up to 150 minutes without getting sunburned, but keep in mind that no sunscreen can block 100% of UVB rays. Currently, products with SPF 30 or higher are recommended by the American Academy of Dermatology.
Choose products with a wide spectrum
Skin is vulnerable to UVA and UVB rays, so it’s best to choose a cream that is resistant to these two rays. Normally, if the product has anti-UVA and UVB effects, it will clearly indicate the broad spectrum as Broad Spectrum on the packaging and most of them contain inorganic ingredients such as zinc oxide, titanium.
Choose a cream that is water-resistant
When working outdoors, especially if you have to exercise with high intensity and activity in the water, you should choose products that are water-resistant because the body will discharge water through sweat. Remember, there are no waterproof or antiperspirants, only sunscreens that are water-resistant. This is the reason that sunscreen products in the US are not allowed to be advertised as waterproof.
Choose the right cream for your skin
You can choose between spray creams, gels or thick creams, depending on your preference. However, it is important to pay attention to whether the cream is suitable for your skin or not, if used incorrectly, the cream will adversely affect the skin. Specifically:
- Alcohol or gel products are great for oily skin, a spray is more convenient for hairy areas, and cream works best on dry skin.
- If used for children or for the skin near the eyes, the wax is a good choice because it avoids getting into the eyes.
- If you use a sunscreen that is water-resistant, makeup first and then apply later as it is very sticky.
- If your skin is prone to acne breakouts, you should choose a face type for the whole body because it does not clog pores. Usually, zinc dioxide creams are more suitable for acne skin types than other skin types.
- Choose products for sensitive skin, acne-prone skin, do not clog pores, do not cause acne.
- Before using the whole body, especially the facial skin, apply a small amount of the product to the wrist, if there are signs of allergy, do not use and replace with another one.
2. Remove makeup after using sunscreen
An important step to protecting the skin and preventing the skin from being affected when applying sunscreen is to cleanse your face after a long day of applying the cream. First of all, you need to clean the skin with a cleanser to clear the pores and remove chemicals and physical substances on the skin. For the body area, you can use shower gel and natural ingredients to cleanse the skin such as oatmeal, rice bran powder, red beans …
Lazy not cleaning the skin will cause dirt, sebum, and sweat to accumulate, causing the skin to be worn out and severely damaged. The signs that the skin is not cleaning after applying the sunscreen are irritated pimples, duller skin, roughness.
Notes when using sunscreen
When applying sunscreen to your skin, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Do not apply the cream in a spiral or circle shape, instead, dab the cream into many points and then pat, spread over the face to not cause sticky, no white streaks to clog pores.
- Remember, wash your face, moisturize, apply sunscreen and then put makeup on to make it absorb better into the skin.
- When the skin sweats a lot, when it is hot, after swimming, after wiping your body, you should reapply sunscreen by removing makeup, moisturizing, applying cream or using mineral sprays and then reapplying sunscreen depending on what. the event, work environment.
- Choose a sunscreen designed specifically for your face, if your skin is oily, choose an “oil-free” type that is oil-free or “noncomedogenic”, which means it won’t clog your pores.
- Clean your skin before and after using sunscreen, even if you have brown skin, you still need sun protection to protect your skin from skin cancer.
- Sunscreen cannot completely combat the harmful effects of the skin, so you need to bring skin protection when going out.
- Even on shady days, there are 80% of UV rays even in winter, so if you have to go outside, you should still apply sunscreen.
Above is how to apply sunscreen properly without harming the skin that you can refer to. Please maintain a routine of skincare, protect the skin from effects such as dirt, sunlight to keep the skin healthy, fresh, full of vitality.
How to use sunscreen every day
Hopefully, the information above has helped you to gain some more knowledge about “when to apply sunscreen in a skincare routine”, and bring some small value to you.
Please share this article if you feel it useful. Thanks!